[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Somatic Aesthetics, Tuesdays at 12pm

Nicole Bindler nicolebindler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 13:45:59 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I'm teaching a class series through freeskewl
<http://www.freeskewl.com/> called
Somatic Aesthetics. There are two more classes
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1142530002859319/> tomorrow and next
Tuesday at 12pm. We'll be playing with touch as seeing and seeing as touch,
and we'll create short dances for each other.

Zoom link: zoom.us/j/3093774924
Zoom password: 640262

Pay what you can!

Class description: How can we use somatic practices to inspire our
artistry? How does our embodiment inform our compositional choices and
aesthetic values? In this lab-like environment, we'll discover when our
embodied impulses create spatial harmony or dissonance. We'll begin with a
solo embodied anatomy practice and then broaden our awareness into
site-specific choreography.

Bio: Nicole Bindler is a dance-maker, somatics practitioner, educator,
writer, and activist. Her performance work and teaching have been presented
at festivals, conferences, and intensives throughout the U.S., Canada,
Argentina, Europe, and in Tokyo, Beirut, Bethlehem, Mexico City, and Quito.
Recent projects include teaching about consent culture and disability
justice in contact improvisation; somatic research on the embryology of the
genitalia from a non-binary perspective; and collaborations with Diyar
Theatre in Bethlehem, Palestine.

Hope to see you there,
-Nicole Bindler
nicolebindler.com