[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Tune in live to A Month of Sundays: happening for the next 4 Sundays at 4 pm

Pamela Hetherington pamelamh4 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 10:28:20 EDT 2020

Quarantine can feel longer than a month of Sundays. Take It Away Dance has
the fix for a real month of Sundays, during the Philadelphia Fringe
Festival: a tap dance and jazz music concert live-streamed to you, every
Sunday afternoon at 4:00 pm. Each week: a new show. Each week: anything can
happen. Sit back, relax and tune in for “the time of your life.” (Broad St
Review).

Artistic Director, Pamela Hetherington, will present new tap dance
choreography that features the music of Dave Brubeck, Miles Davis, Duke
Ellington, Thad Jones and Ray Brown. Special dance and music guests will
drop by on some Sundays...and get ready, because we will take YOUR music
requests, via Facebook comments, throughout the show.

The weekly concerts will stream from Sound Space Performing Arts in
Brewerytown. On the bandstand each week are five tap dance improvisers:
Lauren Belasco, Olivia Bohrer, Alec Chupik, Pamela Hetherington and Kristin
Potocki. The company’s house band, The Jazz Tap Quintet -- well, we are
biased, but we feel it’s made up of the hippest jazz musicians in Philly:
Tim Brey (piano), Paul Giess (trumpet), Jon Katz (saxophone), Nicholas
Krolak (bass), and Claudio de Pujadas (drums).

When to watch:
September 13, September 20, September 27, October 4, all at 4 pm

Two ways to watch:
Buy tickets through the Fringe Festival (
https://fringearts.com/event/a-month-of-sundays/) and then join our public
Facebook group automatically.

Click to join our public group on Facebook and choose venmo/cash app/paypal
to send us a suggested donation. (www.facebook.com/groups/amonthofsundays)

About Take It Away Dance:
Take It Away Dance advances the scope of American tap dance and jazz music
through current choreography, modern compositions, progressive performances
and accessible environments and contexts for the work. Utilizing the
synergistic forms of tap dance and jazz music, the company reflects a
shared American history and our collective future, which is cultivated
through education and community initiatives throughout Philadelphia. Our
work is fueled by and connected to jazz music with a distinctive focus on
Philadelphia musicians and compositions. Since its founding in 2014, Take
It Away Dance has been presented by Jazz Bridge, Philadelphia Jazz Project,
Creative Philadelphia, Dixon Place, Barnes Foundation, Outlet Dance
Project, Allentown Art Museum, and Symphony Space. Take It Away Dance was
featured on the nationally-syndicated program, Articulate, due to its
continued accomplishments in re-staging and performing the work of women
tap choreographers. This is the company's sixth year.
www.takeitawaydance.com
--
*Pamela Hetherington <http://www.pamelahetherington.net/>*
Artistic Director, Take It Away Dance <http://www.takeitawaydance.com/>