[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Art Thrives for Black Lives: An Artistic Rally, Saturday June 27

Katherine Stark thenakedstark at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 10:56:12 EDT 2020

Hey, there is an upcoming opportunity for us to gather at an appropriate
social distance, continue our conversations around art and racial justice,
and support Black lives and BIPOC art.

DANCE IQUAIL! is hosting *Art Thrives from Black Lives: An Artistic Rally*
THIS SATURDAY!  June 27, 10am-3pm.  Meeting place is 3500 Lancaster Avenue
in Philadelphia.

About the Art Thrives from Black Lives Rally.

Join DANCE IQUAIL! in a peaceful artistic rally to support Black lives and
amplify BIPOC art.  We are using the power of artistic expression to speak
in support of Black Lives and Black Art and Black Communities. Black Lives
and the Black Arts are essential to us as people and to our communities,
and we seek a city budget that supports Black lives, artistry, communities
and cultures.

We ask BIPOC artists to bring your instruments, your moves, your poetry,
your skates, your drill teams, your expressions.

All are welcome as we come together to this FREE event. Our goals:

registering folx to vote too!

Distribute Meals to Mantua residents!

Have peaceful conversations about art and racial justice.

Dance music and Theater Performances.

NOTE: This is a peaceful event rally hosted by DANCE IQUAIL! Social
distancing, wearing masks and taking other COVID-19 health and safety
precautions is essential and Mandatory at this event! 25 people limits at
times.

It would be great to know who is coming AND volunteers are still needed.
Fill out this form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScbxZ0VI6gTK_-V1Ho2jstfAjWPWW2fi_Q4VikEdgml9l3nxA/viewform

Spread the word, share this email and the facebook event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1659517424199253/?active_tab=discussion

Hope to see you there!

--
Katherine Kiefer Stark, MFA