[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] evoke/honor/connect an online dance class with Kate Seethaler tomorrow

Kate Seethaler kate.seethaler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 16:31:46 EDT 2020

Hey folks,

I hope you are staying safe and healthy, finding buoyancy whenever possible, and getting the support you need during these times.

I’ll be teaching tomorrow from 3-4pm via Zoom through a group of great and fast organizers called freeskewl—check them out on Instagram and the like! They’re offering some truly awesome classes by wonderful educators from all over—for FREE, though the info to donate to the teacher is readily available and donating is encouraged if you are in a place to do so.

My class description is below. Reach out at kate.seethaler at gmail.com with questions. Here’s the zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/3093774924.

evoke/honor/connect
Our time together will invite and reference the lineages of comforting external touchstones--teachers, spirits, ancestors, friends, family members--who have imprinted positively upon our individual bodies. In this current space where we are isolated and disconnected, we will tap into those who exist within us already as a sort of visceral talisman. Class material will cite and draw directly from those who have had the most profound impact on Kate directly as a means of conjuring their presence when they are wanted and needed most. We will improvise and learn some contemporary dance material, both suitable for small spaces.

Hope to dance with you soon, online and in person, at a physical distance and eventually in close proximity!

Sending love to every nook and cranny of our communities.
Kate Seethaler