[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Online Affordable Pilates & Gyrotonic Mat Sessions

Darcy Lyons darcydlyons at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 16:44:36 EDT 2020

Dear fellow movers and dancers,

During trying times for all, I’m trying to continue to support my community
while I cannot be working in the studio as a Gyrotonic and Pilates
instructor. Please consider supporting your body and mind with my online
video lessons in Gyrotonic mat or Pilates mat. Each lesson will be designed
for your specific needs and goals. Message me to ask questions and to
schedule. Looking forward to moving with you soon! Payments can be made via
Venmo or Paypal prior to the session. I am available for sessions 10 AM- 8
PM Eastern Time. Prices and bio below. Thank you!

With gratitude, love, and healthy wishes during a turbulent time,

Darcy Lyons

Private Sessions
$35- $65 sliding scale

Duet Sessions
$15- $35 sliding scale, per person

Three or more
$10- $15 sliding scale, per person

Darcy Lyons has been a mover since age seven when she started dancing. She
graduated with a B.F.A in dance from California Institute of the Arts and
is a choreographer, producer, and performer in Philadelphia. She has a
project based dance theater company called Lyons and Tigers. Darcy is
grateful that she started learning Gyrokinesis and Gyrotonic over fifteen
years ago. She received her Gyrotonic Level 1 Certification in early 2013
and successfully completed the Gyrotonic Level 2, Program 1 and Gyrotonic
Level 2, Program 2 courses. Additionally, she has taken Gyrotonic
Applications for Shoulder Girdle and Gyrotonic Applications for
Osteoporosis. Darcy received her comprehensive Pilates apparati and mat
certification through Drexel Pilates in 2016. In March 2018 she completed
the Movement Science Made Simple Course called Look, Listen, Push, Pull:
Training Freedom and Support in the Head, Neck, and Shoulders taught by
Cara Reeser and Jeremy Laverdure. As a teacher, Darcy places importance on
breath, detail, precision, kindness, passion, creativity and, of course,
having a sense of humor. She is interested in working with all teen and
adult populations at any movement level and physical ability in both
Pilates and Gyrotonic.