[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Personal Resonance with Michael Kiley IS BACK, plus other upcoming events

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 16:48:00 EDT 2020

ANNOUNCING!!!!!!

Personal Resonance returns to Shebang ONE LAST TIME!

Monday, April 27 /// 6:30pm - 8:30pm

"Personal Resonance - a voice workshop for all disciplines"

with Michael Kiley

In this popular workshop, you will be introduced to physical explorations
of sound and will begin the process of reclaiming your voice as an
instrument of expression. Expect to explore detailed descriptions and
explorations of diaphragmatic breathing, vocal function and health,
resonant areas, vocal registers, and the relationship of your voice to your
body, your memory and your emotions.

$20 pre-reg — $25 at the door

Apokalypsis Artistic Research project continues with the following two
presentations:

Saturday, March 21 /// 11am - 2pm

“On Myth-Making and Masc-Wearing” with Mark Kennedy

Performer Mark Kennedy, a graduate of Philadelphia's Pig Iron School,
invites participants of all identities to join in his research of myths of
masculinity as it is embodied, performed, and understood in our day-to-day
public and private lives.

--Suggested admission is $20--$30 sliding scale--

Sunday, March 22 /// 6:30pm - 8:30pm

“A Minotaur Looks At Springtime: Poem Against Disconnection” with Levi
Bentley

Poet Levi Bentley invites us to get connected with our aches, to listen
with our bodies, and re-enchant ourselves, Philadelphia, and our engagement
with the world.

--Suggested admission is $20--$30 sliding scale--

Saturday, March 28  /// 11am - 2pm

"Investigating the Spaciousness, Vitality, and Stigma of Fat"

with Rachel Winsberg & Nicole Bindler

In this workshop/discussion we will spend the majority of the time in a
discussion format, developing rapport and debunking myths about the role of
fat in our body and health.

$15-$20 pre-reg — $20-$25 at the door

Those who self identify as fat can pay a donation of any amount from $0-25

And ongoing...

every Wednesday until May 27th /// 10-11:30am

"Dance, Engaging with Sensation"

with Shannon Murphy

Prioritize sensation as a way to research quality, function, and form and
offers suggestions that can lead to deep investigation inside of
improvisational and guided phrase work.

$12 artist rate — $15 general

For more information or to register, head to thewholeshebangphilly.com