[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] FEB 22nd -DOUBLE FEATURE - No. 2 - Have Yourself

Shannon . shannonlynnbrooks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 11:36:35 EST 2020

*DOUBLE FEATURENo.2*
'Have Yourself'
Maddie Hopfield and Jennifer Turnbull

February 22nd
7PM
Window Room
[studio #228 at the Grays Warehouse]
$8-$10 suggested donation
No one turned away

A series at Window Room investigating live art.
One night -- two 'features' crash, resonate, soothe, celebrate, high-five,
mismatch, or destroy each other.

*MADDIE HOPFIELD:*
".... I spend a lot of time with children who are not my own, teaching,
consoling, offering language around feelings, wiping snot, and I reflect
extensively on the concept of ownership and 'having' as it relates to kids.
I also think about climate change, a lot, and wonder about all the
uncertain futures I cannot hold, and with whom I interact daily, in the
form of my 3-year-old students. The performance is a work in progress, an
experiment; I expect to only fall deeper into all the voids."

*JENNIFER TURNBULL:*
"Exploring themes of my experience with embrace of American Blackness as a
1st generation born here and naturally occurring water with written word,
dance, still and moving image."

RSVP ON FACEBOOK HERE <https://www.facebook.com/events/2226740570953295/>

*About 'DOUBLE FEATURE"*

Based on the cinematic phenomenon, DOUBLE FEATURE is a series at Window
Room igniting a similar ritualistic gathering.

In each program, two artists (solo or group) share their work, experiments,
or explorations.

Together we expand and challenge the modes and boundaries of how live art
is expressed and digested, through studying the action itself as well as
how the experience is embodied

*Notes on Accessibility: *

Every space offers different obstacles concerning accessibility - our space
is no different.

If you have any questions or would like to have a conversation about
accessibility and disability justice please reach out to us at
sendmeanemail2000 at gmail.com

Our ever-evolving ‘notes on accessibility’ can be found on our public
document by clicking any of this text.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NRgDXfGPxD-t6U4MlTLERIYEUrjuaDgZjQzGuofQsxk/edit>

Our accessibility notes were guided by the experience and knowledge of all
disabled humans everywhere, and the SinsInvalid’s recently released Second
Edition of Skin, Tooth, and Bone: The Basis of Movement is Our People is a
Disability Justice Primer
<https://www.sinsinvalid.org/disability-justice-primer>