[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Dance, Engaging with Sensation Wednesday mornings at Shebang

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 20:00:00 EST 2020

Weekly technique class with Shannon Murphy continues on at Shebang

Wednesday mornings 10:00am-11:30am @ The Whole Shebang

Dance, Engaging with Sensation is a place for bold curiosity of our self in
motion. Including activities ranging from proprioceptive warm-ups to
sequentially inverted phrases, Shannon prepares this class with the needs
of a professional dancer in mind. She prioritizes sensation as a way to
research quality, function, and form and offers suggestions that can lead
to deep investigation inside of improvisational and guided phrase work. She
believes in training for a responsive body to support the dynamics of
falling off of vertical, redirection. and complex coordination practices.

As a Franklin Method educator, she has been researching how to use imagery
and functional anatomy as tools to invite participants to immerse
themselves in inter-personal investigations in class - deepening one’s
experience of self as a way to dance with others. This class is proposing a
dance practice that brings pleasure into play; a serious sort of play that
requires acute attention to the* sensation *of the dances that we do.

$12 For Artists/Students

$15 General

More info @ thewholeshebangphilly.com

1813 South 11th Street