[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Coming up this weekend - Apokalypsis at Shebang presents: Core Artist Workshops 1 and 2

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 06:00:00 EST 2020

Apokalypsis at Shebang presents: Core Artist Workshops 1 and 2!!

1/// Lonely/Together: Urban Living in Cold Times with Kimya Imani Jackson
February 15, 11am - 2pm
at The Whole Shebang

Workshop Description:
Millions of people in a city. Lonely. Together. This hybrid artist-led
workshop/research experience guided by Kimya Imani Jackson is a mashup of
movement exercises, tea and snack breaks, an indoor tour, and conversations
that explore what it means to feel cold, emotionally and/or physically and
what are ways to warm and cheer up. A mashup of movement exercises, tea and
snack breaks, an indoor tour, and conversation will guide our time
together. Participants will leave with a list of free/low cost places in
Philadelphia and to feel warm and/or connected any day of the week. Open to
adults at all levels of experience. Sign up by February 10th to receive a
two-day self ethnography assignment to be done before the session.

AND

2/// Da Kut: Subversion 1 with Vitche Boul Ra
February 16, 12am - 3am (late Saturday night)
Location disclosed upon registration

Workshop Description
In this workshop we will utilize vocal phrases and movement phrases as
tools to bequeath ourselves the ability to subvert and change physical
existence around us. Exploring Pockets, Cuts,and Portals, we will dip
oscillate between hardship and pleasure to harness the residual energy and
architecture of the urban skate park. Come to question the night. Come to
question the cold. Come to question comfort. Come to break something.

per workshop: sliding scale $20-30 online / $35 at the door
*if cost is a barrier, please reach out to art.at.shebang at gmail.com

for more info or to register, head to thewholeshebangphilly.com

1813 South 11th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19148
text or call: 267 422 2719