[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Apokalypsis Artistic Research Project continues at Shebang - next workshop led by Kimya Imani Jackson

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 09:13:32 EST 2020

Apokalypsis Artistic Research Project continues at Shebang with Core Artist Workshop 1

Lonely/Together: Urban Living in Cold Times with Kimya Imani Jackson
February 15, 11am - 2pm
sliding scale $20-30 online / $35 at the door
if cost is a barrier, please reach out to art.at.shebang at gmail.com

Description
Millions of people in a city. Lonely. Together. This hybrid artist-led workshop/research experience guided by Kimya Imani Jackson is a mashup of movement exercises, tea and snack breaks, an indoor tour, and conversations that explore what it means to feel cold, emotionally and/or physically and what are ways to warm and cheer up. A mashup of movement exercises, tea and snack breaks, an indoor tour, and conversation will guide our time together. Participants will leave with a list of free/low cost places in Philadelphia and to feel warm and/or connected any day of the week. Open to adults at all levels of experience. Sign up by February 10th to receive a two-day self ethnography assignment to be done before the session.

About Kimya Imani Jackson
I am a dancer, creator, clown, Ph.D. trained Biobehavioral Health scientist, and budding visual artist. I work in these mediums because I’m excited by the extraordinary nature of ordinary things. I believe that magical things are happening every day if one just pays attention.
http://www.artsciencehybrid.com/

About Apokalypsis
What does it mean to create or attend to art in Philadelphia? This is the primary question of Apokallypsis, an 8-month artistic research project facilitated by the Whole Shebang in collaboration with artists Asimina Chremos and Paule Turner and 8 Core Artists: Eli Avenue, Emily Bate, Levi Bentley, Amalia Colón-Nava, Patricia Graham, Kimya Jackson, Mark Kennedy, and Vitche-Boul Ra.

Apokalypsis is an ancient Greek word meaning to uncover or reveal. This project invites artists and audiences to tune our attention to dimensions of everyday city life that are constantly performing and generating images, textures, rhythms, sounds, and sensations in an unceasing creative flow.

More info @ thewholeshebangphilly.com

text or call: 267 422 2719