[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Contact Improv Class Sun Jan 19th taught by Gabrielle Revlock

Curt Haworth curthaworth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 13:33:24 EST 2020

CI class this Sunday January 19th will be taught by Gabrielle Revlock

Location: Headlong Studios, 1170 S. Broad St. (near Broad/Federal SEPTA
stop)
1 to 3 PM, every Sunday, $10 drop-in
Please arrive in time to dress and be ready to go at 1pm

Class Description: We will begin with a juicy floor warm up, practicing
what it means to pour weigh in and out of another body and then move into
dancing that goes in and out of the floor. I'm excited to share some of the
techniques and structures I'm integrating from recent workshops with
fabulous contact improv teachers such as Tim O'Donnell, Bradley Ellis and
Alicia Grayson. Open to people with all levels of experience in contact
improvisation. Come play with me!

Bio: Gabrielle Revlock is a performer, choreographer, and improviser
working out of Philadelphia and New York. Her work depicts complicated but
relatable interpersonal relationships, developed through meticulous
character study and improvisational structures. Described by the press as
inventive, rambunctious, and mesmerizing her work has been presented at
American Dance Festival, The Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts,
Barnes Foundation, Philadelphia Dance Projects, New York Live Arts, Gibney
and many more including international engagements in Japan, Netherlands,
Singapore, Hungary, Russia and India. As a dancer, she has performed for
Lucinda Childs, Jumatatu Poe, Susan Rethorst, Christopher Williams, Vicky
Shick, Bill Young and Jane Comfort. Gabrielle teaches contact improvisation
for Movement Research and is a facilitator of the Brooklyn Contact Jam.
More at GabrielleRevlock.com.
--

Curt Haworth

he/him or they/them