[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] I Spy, With My Little Eye in the Philadelphia Fringe Festival

Kalila Kingsford Smith kalilakingsfordsmith at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 11:50:30 EDT 2019

Kalila Kingsford Smith Dance premiere's I Spy, With My Little Eye in the 2019 Fringe Festival!

I Spy, With My Little Eye slides down the Chutes and Ladders of youth into the Scrabble of your earliest memories. This interactive dance performance provides an opportunity to Connect Four a moment in the shared joys and toys of childhood experience. In this first performance by Kalila Kingsford Smith Dance, the audience is invited to bring a childlike attention to the world.

This work is created by Kalila Kingsford Smith in collaboration with performers Julianna Boylan, Hannah Breed, Jacqueline D'Amico, Katherine Desimine, Elyssa Fonicello, Yin-Cheng Huang, Michelle Slavik, and Isabella Yannoni. Original music composed by Alina John.

I Spy, With My Little Eye
September 12 at 7:30
September 13 at 7:30
September 14 at 5 and 7:30
September 15 at 3:30

Mascher Space Cooperative
155 Cecil B. Moore Ave.
Philadelphia PA 19122

Tickets: $20 Standard, $15 Students, $5 Children 12 and Under
Get Tickets: https://fringearts.com/event/i-spy-with-my-little-eye/

Choreographer and Philadelphia native, Kalila Kingsford Smith, is an independent performer, dance educator, and dance writer. Informed by her training in modern and contemporary dance, her choreography flows between tension and release, momentum and suspension, improvisation and composition, and storytelling and abstraction. Kalila Kingsford Smith Dance is a project-based collection of dancer-artists who build interactive environments in which the dance crosses the perceived boundaries between audience and performer. Each dance is a product of the creative energies of all involved; the performers, the creative collaborators, and the audience.