[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Sunday, July 28th, CI class will be taught by Jung Woong Kim!

Curt Haworth curthaworth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 20:25:18 EDT 2019

Sunday, July 28th, CI class will be taught by Jung Woong Kim!

Headlong Studios, 1170 S. Broad St. (near Broad/Federal SEPTA stop)
1 to 3 PM, every Sunday, $10 drop-in
Please arrive in time to dress and be ready to go at 1

Bio: I embrace the practice of contact improvisation both as play and as
survival. In my classes whether dancing solo, with a partner or as part of
an ensemble, special attention is be placed on becoming comfortable in the
body so to be alert, ready, and at ease with shifting one's habits and
taking new risks.  I use evocative images that serve as metaphors to
provoke the imagination of the dancers and offer an anchoring theme that
improvisations can depart from and return to.

--

Curt Haworth

Artistic director, Movement and Performance

Artist in Residence, Mascher Space Cooperative

Curator, Impermanent Society of Philadelphia

Coordinator Contact Improv Philly

Professor, University of the Arts