[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Metaphors/Magic changes to a Pilates mat format for August

Kate Seethaler kate.seethaler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 17:43:45 EDT 2019

Starting August 2nd, (no class this week July 26th) Metaphors/Magic will
take on a new form!
Join me for a 4-week Pilates mat practice on Fridays from 10:30am-11:30am.
Class will run 8/2, 8/9, 8/16 and 8/23.
Cost is $15 per class per person or $50 for all four weeks.

Come to Mascher each Friday morning for an hour of Pilates mat work to
inform your movement and attune to your body. Bring your own mat, a water
bottle, a friend, stretchy clothes, and maybe even some things you are
curious about in terms of stretching, strengthening, and/or body mechanics.
We will move through exercises that bring our attention to the center of
our bodies, our powerful breath, the subtle asymmetry of the sides of our
bodies, and the balance between effort and ease as we approach Pilates
choreography. Level will be geared toward those who attend each week.
Modifications and alternatives will be provided as needed; please email me
in advance (kate.seethaler at gmail.com) to let me know if you are working
with a serious injury or if you need to avoid weighting certain joints.

Class will take place at Mascher Space Cooperative (155 Cecil B. Moore, 2nd
floor, ring the bell upon arrival). Unfortunately, we are not an ADA
accessible space. Email me if you are highly interested and can commit to
attending class, but the cost feels prohibitive.

--
*Kate Seethaler*, MFA
improviser, performer, teaching artist