[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Open Call for thINKingDANCE Writers
Kalila Kingsford Smith
kalilakingsfordsmith at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 14:04:09 EDT 2019
ThINKingDANCE (tD) is looking for NEW WRITERS and encourage the following people to apply:
• Those who want to develop their writing skills and are interested in the practice of constructive critique
• Experienced writers, critics, editors, and educators with an interest in performance, particularly dance
• Individuals new to writing who connect strongly to dance (artists, audience members, presenters)
• People new to dance who connect strongly to writing (poets, journalists, scholars, students)
• Anyone interested in experimenting with new journalistic forms
• Advocates committed to covering diverse styles and genres of dance
How do tD WRITERS benefit from being involved?
• Access to free workshops by leading dance writers and scholars
• Mentorship and editing by experienced dance writers
• Publication of your work on the tD website (read worldwide)
• Distribution of your written work through social media
• Stimulating networking opportunities with other tD writers
• Building a body of published work in the form of reviews, interviews, news, "think-pieces," and other formats
• Honorarium for published writing and editing
• A wonderful outlet for creative thINKing
• Privileged access to a range of performances in Philadelphia and elsewhere
Further information about expectations, benefits, and selection criteria here.
How to apply?
Please send by email:
• a letter of interest indicating any relevant experience and motivation for participating (1 page maximum)
• A short writing sample -- we welcome dance-related writing, but other material is also acceptable (1000 words maximum)
Send to Lynn Brooks (tD editor-in-chief): lynnbrooks at thinkingdance.net
Deadline for application materials: July 31, 2019
Kalila Kingsford Smith, M.A.
Writer and Editor, thINKingDANCE.net
More information about the Listserv