[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Special guest Shizu Homma teaches Metaphors/Magic this Friday

Kate Seethaler kate.seethaler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 20:51:47 EDT 2019

Hi, class-taking Philly dancers!

I hope you'll consider joining us this Friday at Mascher Space Cooperative
for a very special butoh edition of Metaphors/Magic taught by the splendid
Shizu Homma. Class is $10-20 sliding scale, and runs from 10am-11:30am as
usual. Don't miss this opportunity to move with Shizu! More info about her
class below.

Class description: In this all levels workshop, we will work towards
emptying, becoming anonymous, and the hanging body to dance butoh. We will
start with a Noguchi and Bodyweather based warm up, then move on to
image/perception/sensing exercises, and possibly partner work. We will then
dance and witness improvisations. Please wear layers as the body heats and
cools during class, as exercises vary from strenuous to subtle.

Yay! Stay cool,
Kate

--
*Kate Seethaler*, MFA