[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Opening tomorrow: The Philadelphia Thing's TRADE SCHOOL festival!

Sarah Bishop-Stone bishopstone at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 13:54:32 EDT 2019

Hello Philly dance folks!

I am thrilled to announce the launch of my new organization, The
Philadelphia Thing <https://philadelphiathing.org/>, and invite you to our
first initiative, Trade School: PHL/LAX
<https://philadelphiathing.org/trade-school> (June 5-9)!

The Philadelphia Thing is an advocacy and producing structure dedicated to
the support and promotion of independent performing artists in
Philadelphia. Trade School is a festival and exchange platform celebrating
the work of Philadelphia performing artists as well as creating connections
with artist peers across the country. You can read more about Trade School
and this year’s lineup on our website
<https://philadelphiathing.org/trade-school>.

Please join us for works by Meg Foley, jumatatu poe, James Allister Sprang,
Emily Bate, and Milka Djordjevich, and process showings from Magda, Brett
Robinson, Alexandra Tatarsky, and d. Sabela grimes.

I also urge you to join our community conversation exploring the Philly
"thing" - what does it mean to be an independent artist working in our city
these days? - on Saturday morning.

The nitty gritty:

   -

   Almost all performances will take place at BOK in South Philly

   -

   Tickets range from $10-20, with several free events - you can reserve
   your seat at http://bit.ly/tradeschooltix.

   -

   If you’d like to see it all, a $50 festival pass gets you priority
   seating to all events at a nearly 50% discount:
   http://bit.ly/tradeschoolpass.

   -

   You can also find us on instagram and facebook (@philadelphiathing), and
   find all of the event pages through our facebook page
   <https://www.facebook.com/pg/philadelphiathing/events>.

I am so excited to launch The Philadelphia Thing, share the work of these
incredible Philly and LA-based artists, and begin a conversation around how
we can best support the independent makers of our city. I hope you will
join us.

Sarah

--
Sarah Bishop-Stone