[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Memorial Day Weekend FREE showing of Un-seen

Zornitsa at Here[begin] Dance zornitsa at herebegindance.com
Tue May 21 12:06:28 EDT 2019

Hello Philly dance enthusiasts,

I’m happy to share with you my work in progress called Un-seen on May 25th at 8 pm at Mascher.

This is the only time it will ever be shown in Philly, before I take it abroad to an international performance festival in Bulgaria (and hopefully some other places😉)

I know its Memorial day weekend!  YEY, but if you are in Philly, it would be awesome to spend a night delving into performance art.

Its FREE and any donations are accepted. I will have some beer and after the show we’ll have a feedback/conversation which you can stay for or not.

Sat. May 25th – full evening length showing

At Mascher Space Coop at 8pm

155 Cecil B. Moore Ave.

Philadelphia, PA 19122

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/611251139343490/

What’s cool about Un-seen: I work with mylar to create a shadow world made of toy soldiers and stacks of coins that form walls and pillars. I also deconstruct the famous 80’s song Sweet Dreams and get engulphed by a HUGE mylar balloon.  Choreography, meets shadow theater, meets singing, meets dancing and acting.

About Un-seen

Un-seen is a journey through a surreal and alienated world. Using Mylar material as a metaphor for the American(western) dream, Zornitsa becomes a refugee, looking to be part of this shiny new world.  Partly autobiographical, and partly based on the refugee crisis in both Europe and the U.S., the show traces the use of Mylar in our lives that leads to the disillusionment of the glitzy western world. Un-seen is a fantastical, beautiful and ultimately fraud journey to the “promised land”.

Any questions email me at zornitsa at herebegindance.com <mailto:zornitsa at herebegindance.com>

performance artist | curator | lighting designer | photographer | filmmaker | teacher
 <https://www.instagram.com/zstoy/> IG:@zstoy
 <http://www.herebegindance.com/> www.herebegindance.com

Dance writer for  <http://www.thinkingdance.net/articles/author/Zornitsa-Stoyanova/> thINKingDance.net