[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] New solo by Zornitsa Stoyanova and paid work

Zornitsa at Here[begin] Dance zornitsa at herebegindance.com
Tue May 14 12:26:19 EDT 2019

Dear Philadelphia dance community,

I'm happy to share with you my work in progress showing of Un-seen on May
25th at 8 pm at Mascher. I'm also looking for some tech help - scroll down
for details on that.

Un-seen will have its world premiere on June 20th at DNK
<https://www.facebook.com/dnkSpace/>  as part of Etudes and Friends
international performance art festival in Sofia, Bulgaria. So, this is your
only chance to see it in Philadelphia!

ABOUT:
Un-seen is a journey through a surreal and alienated world. Using Mylar
material as a metaphor for the American(western) dream, Zornitsa becomes a
refugee, looking to be part of this shiny new world.  Partly
autobiographical, and partly based on the refugee crisis in both Europe and
the U.S., the show traces the use of Mylar in our lives that leads to the
disillusionment of the glitzy western world. Un-seen is a fantastical,
beautiful and ultimately fraud journey to the "promised land".

Sat. May 25th - full evening length showing

At Mascher Dance at 8pm

155 Cecil B. Moore Ave.

Philadelphia, PA 19122

FREE - donations accepted.

PAID TECH HELP:

I'm doing a low tech, casual showing of my new piece and I need two people
to help out.

One Tech Person, who would run lights and sound for May 25th, come early,
clean the space, and generally keep telling me what the time is. In addition
this person would be available for about a 4 hour tech with me either on
Thursday night or Friday night. You do not need to be a tech person or a
lighting designer, but a general know how of this kind of DIY style of
performance is a must. I can pay $100 stipend, which ends up being about
$12/h.

One Volunteer - I also need another person who would be a volunteer to let
people in the night of May 25th. This would be a donation only event, so
there isn't much that is required from this person.  For this position I can
offer free beer. (Which will be available and self-served/donations
accepted).

If interested please email back at zornitsa at herebegindance.com
<mailto:zornitsa at herebegindance.com>

Who is Zornitsa:

Zornitsa Stoyanova (USA/BUL) is an award-winning (Rocky Award 2017 for
Explicit Female) performance artist, curator, writer, lighting and video
designer based in Philadelphia, PA. A native of Bulgaria, she produces and
presents both her own and other's work under the name Here[begin] Dance.

Mylar reflective material and custom lighting are integral part of her most
recent stage, video, and photography work. Since becoming a mother in 2013
she has focused on making work about the female body, feminist ideas and
imagery. She researches gesture and emotion in the body seeking potential
for meaning. Her most influential teachers include Deborah Hay, Meg Stuart,
Miguel Gutierrez, Michelle Boule, Ishmael Houston Jones, Susan Rethorst, Fay
Driscoll, Luciana Achugar, Danny Lepkoff. She has performed for Eiko & Koma,
Boris Charmatz, Cie. Willy Dorner, Lionel Popkin, Group Motion and others.

Zornitsa is also a supporter for a sustainable dance community and is deeply
invested in helping further conversation and collaboration. As Here[begin]
Dance she has curated and produced Current: an evening of dance and art and
Dance Cinema Projects. She has hosted and organized multiple classes for the
community and taught free workshops in making web sites for artists and
budgeting. Since 2014 she has ran a free community dance workshop called Get
What You Need.  She teaches improvisation technique for performance, dance
on camera and composition and has done so in Philadelphia, France, Hungary
and her native Bulgaria. Zornitsa also writes for thINKingDANCE.net and is
presently working on several short films shot in the U.S. and Bulgaria.
<http://www.herebegindance.com> www.herebegindance.com

Thank you,

performance artist | curator | lighting designer | photographer | filmmaker
| teacher
 <https://www.instagram.com/zstoy/> IG:@zstoy
 <http://www.herebegindance.com/> www.herebegindance.com

Dance writer for