[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] The air is describing us

Paige Phillips pgephllps at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 13:32:44 EDT 2019

The air is describing us / lining our bodies / squeezing us gently / inside
and out
An evening of dance, installation, and sound

Choreography by Paige Phillips
Installation by Evan Dawson
Sound by Liam Ze'ev O'Connor

Performers: Josh Hines, Kelly Hurlburt, Ani Javian, Katherine Keifer Stark,
Ashley Lippolis, Celine McBride, Kate Seethaler, Mary Carmen Webb

The evening consists of 2 works: 'The air is describing us' began by asking
six performers to explore the physicality of falling, and spiraled into a
dichotomous community that feels isolated, yet requires the full support of
the group to complete tasks. It acts as a metaphor for contemporary life,
as we propel ourselves forward together despite ceaseless crashes around
us. 'It’s just easier this way' is performed by Josh Hines and Kelly
Hurlburt, dancers from Columbus, OH. Their partnership in real life allows
the dynamics of the duet to be intimate. It is at times sexy, funny,
uncomfortable, and intense. The work grapples with tired, gendering tropes
that our culture places upon relationships.

May 10-11 @ 8PM
Tickets: Sliding Scale $15-$30
https://www.danceboxoffice.com/?page_id=1706

Mascher Space