[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Contact Improv class this Sunday April 28th will be taught by Rebecca Lisak

Curt Haworth curthaworth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 12:45:38 EDT 2019

Contact Improv class this Sunday April 28th will be taught by Rebecca Lisak
Location: Headlong Studios, 1170 S. Broad St
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1170+S.+Broad+St&entry=gmail&source=g>. (near
Broad/Federal SEPTA stop)
1 to 3 PM, every Sunday, $10 drop-in
Please arrive in time to dress and be ready to go at 1pm

We engage in CI as a state of play and exploration, only available to our
nervous systems when we are safe.  The class will be instructive and
exploratory around the science of safety based on Steven Porges' polyvagal
theory.  We'll explore the physiology of how our systems detect safety so
we are free to play.  We'll explore ways to influence the body's safety
detectors in ourselves and ways to encourage safety in others.  From there
we will proceed to dancing.

Rebecca Lisak sees contact improv skills as tools for activism.  She works
with individual clients to help elicit safety, ease, and joy in movement.

--

Curt Haworth

Artistic director, Movement and Performance

Artist in Residence, Mascher Space Cooperative

Curator, Impermanent Society of Philadelphia

Coordinator Contact Improv Philly

Professor, University of the Arts