[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Contact Improv class this Sunday April 21st taught by Megan Wilson

Curt Haworth curthaworth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 14:20:49 EDT 2019

Contact Improv class this Sunday April 21st will be taught by Megan Wilson
Location: Headlong Studios, 1170 S. Broad St
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1170+S.+Broad+St&entry=gmail&source=g>. (near
Broad/Federal SEPTA stop)
1 to 3 PM, every Sunday, $10 drop-in
Please arrive in time to dress and be ready to go at 1pmOpening ourselves
to our dances and the space through vocalizations.

shapes, surfaces, and subterranean dreams

In class this week we'll play with the shapes we take on and how we shift
them, as well as how we interact with the shapes and surfaces around us. By
finding ways to both integrate and differentiate the parts of ourselves and
use gradations in solidity and malleability we can open up choice and
interest in our dancing? We'll also look at the shapes and textures of our
internal landscape. How can we use our thoughts, feelings, and senses as
another changeable limb? And what happens when we open more fully into the
experience of what is happening, including the possibilities of what could
change?

Megan Wilson currently lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico where she teaches
the Feldenkrais Method, practices improvisation, and studies permaculture.
Before moving in 2018 she lived in Philadelphia for 7 years where she
performed and collaborated with many local companies and choreographers,
taught movement to children, and was a teacher and organizer in the Contact
Improv community.

--

Curt Haworth

Artistic director, Movement and Performance

Artist in Residence, Mascher Space Cooperative

Curator, Impermanent Society of Philadelphia

Coordinator Contact Improv Philly

Professor, University of the Arts