[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Shannon Murphy and Collaborators' upcoming performances

Lauren O'Brien lauren.qin17 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 09:37:48 EDT 2019

*Practice in Public* - Saturday April 20th, at Penn Museum in and around
the Rotunda (11am-1pm).
https://www.facebook.com/events/312381519453888/
On Saturday, April 20th Shannon Murphy and collaborators Danielle Currica,
Patricia Dominguez, Beau Hancock, Marisa Illingworth, Megan Quinn, William
Robinson, Steve Surgalski, Michele Tantoco, and Sara Yassky will hold a
public practice at Penn Museum.

These practices question our perception of being alone and together. To
practice in such a public way, alongside the patrons of Penn Museum, will
allow us to renegotiate this relationship: we are never completely alone,
yet coming together is always more complicated than expected. These
developed dance practices frame a collective differentiation, a way of
being together, thinking together, feeling together. The work reveals the
labor of connection and potentializes relationships that do not hide this
labor but rather amplify it. The performance is free with admission to the
museum.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Dark Moon* - May 10 & 11 at 6:30pm, 543 Industrial Park Dr. Yeadon,PA
https://www.facebook.com/events/1148291121999587/?event_time_id=1148291125332920
Schedule:
6:30 - 7:00 PM Pre-Show Gathering
- Come have a cup of tea, look at materials that evidence our processes
such as mind maps, scores, images, and reflections. You can also listen to
the meditation that we engage before every practice.
7:00-8:30 Performance Practice
- The performance will begin promptly at 7:00 pm. Seating will be in the
round. Please contact about accessibility needs.

Are we alone or together? Questioning the permeability of solidarity, Dark
Moon is a place for us to explore our differentiated selves. Activating
imaginative environments to thrive in, we work to find, feel, and care for
one another. The labor of this support is demonstrated and amplified. We
dance to locate differentiated collectivity. We carry and hold each other
up and set each other down. We frame the mundane, memorializing a moment
that might otherwise be overlooked. We are asking ourselves to look again,
to abandon the familiar, and move closer to one another. We invite you to
to do the same. Tickets are $15, $10 for students and PhiladelphiaDance.org
members. (Please bring your card with you)

**The performance practice is about an hour and a half. Run times vary as
the score is emergent from the performers each night. Steve Sugalski's live
composition can get loud at times. We will provide earplugs for those who
might be sensitive to loud music.**