[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Dark Moon; Practice in Public at Penn Museum

Lauren O'Brien lauren.qin17 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 07:52:33 EDT 2019

*Public performance this Saturday April 13th by Shannon Murphy Dance*

Location: Penn Museum 3260 South St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104

11AM-1PM
The performance is free with admission to the museum.
The performance will be located in and around the Rotunda.
https://www.facebook.com/events/312381519453888/

On Saturday, April 20th Shannon Murphy and collaborators Danielle Currica,
Patricia Dominguez, Beau Hancock, Marisa Illingworth, Megan Quinn, William
Robinson, Steve Surgalski, Michele Tantoco, and Sara Yassky will hold a
public practice at Penn Museum.

These practices question our perception of being alone and together. To
practice in such a public way, alongside the patrons of Penn Museum, will
allow us to renegotiate this relationship: we are never completely alone,
yet coming together is always more complicated than expected. These
developed dance practices frame a collective differentiation, a way of
being together, thinking together, feeling together. The work reveals the
labor of connection and potentializes relationships that do not hide this
labor but rather amplify it.