[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Butoh Improvisation Workshops and Performance Yuko Kaseki 4-16 and 17

Curt Haworth curthaworth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 21:24:16 EDT 2019

April 16th and 17th at Vox Populi Gallery
Butoh Improvisation Workshops and Performance Yuko Kaseki + Collaborations
with local Improvisers

The workshop’s emphasis is to develop original movement through body
awareness, sensitivity and to discover hidden dynamic energy. Physical
training is based on Noguchi gymnastics, elements of Tai-Chi Dao-yin and
Butoh methodology. We practice for the whole body to be permeable and
awaken deeper layers of sensitivity. We try to find the center of our body
(Tanden), which is our energy source. Listening honestly to the variants of
inner space and develop this in relation to the outer. The workshop offers
the possibility to seek and experience in solo, duet and group
improvisations with image, element, space, and relationship. Through
intensity and reduction, everyone can dive deeply into stillness/movement
and translate it into individual manifestations. It is important for each
person to find one’s own unique body, physical reality, and exposure of
existence.

Schedule/ Suggested Pricing (No One turned away for lack of funds)

April 16th
Workshop + Conversation
break followed by
Solo Performance by Yuko Kaseki

$20-25 Workshop + Performance
$10-15 Just Workshop
$10-15 Just Performance

April 17th
Workshop + Conversation break followed by
Performance by Yuko Kaseki + Local Philadelphia Improvisers tba

$20-25 Workshop + Performance
$10-15 Just Workshop
$10-15 Just Performance

+ $30 discounted price for those attending both evenings

Yuko Kaseki is director, choreographer, Butoh dancer, performance artist,
improviser and teacher, based in Berlin. She teaches and performs in solo
and ensemble pieces and improvisations through out27 countries. These works
are poetic and vivid images that incorporate the spirit of Butoh,
performance and live art. Her performance aims to reflect the outsider’s
existence. Various International collaborations include inkBoat (SF),
Tableau Stations (SF), CAVE (NY), Poema Theatre (Moscow), Salad Theater
(Seoul) and more. She is also a key collaborator with mixed ability artists
including Theater Thikwa (Berlin).
www.cokaseki.com
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cokaseki.com%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0LIJt_7U8fO20ekA3LCFikzucaGwNZ68H7s1cJICDcfRO8xYw2iELhInw&h=AT2dPXAtCL-V-1Aoal41jPeMPkGl77UjzR4mvZQtXshelY13sU38u-feHc8_QBVF0OzPvF87uAAkW-r9dDBzQTXiZl3AndDBy-VbH7l245nAgWWVUsaTqmNqByYxUmchTuC-gl2YSdk9ZdHecRexKcU>

https://www.facebook.com/events/2224207564513532/

--

Curt Haworth

Artistic director, Movement and Performance

Artist in Residence, Mascher Space Cooperative

Curator, Impermanent Society of Philadelphia

Coordinator Contact Improv Philly

Professor, University of the Arts