[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Adult Contemporary Modern Dance continues Tuesday evenings April 16

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 13:55:04 EDT 2019

Hello Philadelphia area dancers,

Contemporary Modern Dance class continues Tuesday evenings 6:30-8pm April
16- May 21! Come dance next week and beyond.

More information below.

Best,
Loren

CONTEMPORARY MODERN DANCE FOR ADULTS
Tuesdays 6:30-8:00pm
Last Winter drop-in is February 26, 2019.
Spring Session is through May 21, 2019 (No class 4/9)
Drop-in: $10-20
University City Arts League, 4226 Spruce St. Philadelphia, PA 19104, 3rd
floor rear dance studio (walk-up)

More info on the Spring Session:
https://adult-contemporary-spring19-tues-west.eventbrite.com
Invite your friends to Spring:
https://www.facebook.com/events/416632752239563

This unique contemporary modern dance class is both creative and somatic.
Each class includes technical skills and creative opportunities. Imagery
and anatomical cues propel our movement and understanding of our bodies.
The movement vocabulary comes from teacher Loren Groenendaal's
choreographic interests connected to her work with Vervet Dance. The
movement is contemporary with influences from Modern Dance, Release
Technique, Bartenieff Fundamentals, Developmental Movement, Laban Movement
Analysis, and sometimes Hip Hop and classical Balinese Dance. This class
provides opportunities for understanding of your body, building
coordination, harnessing your strength, moving more ease-fully, learning
movement from others, and exploring one's own movement signature and
interests.

This class often includes working on the floor, and it is recommended to
wear clothes that cover shoulders and knees for comfort while moving. This
class is geared towards adults, but teens with dance training and focus may
join. This class is open to all genders.

Be in touch with any questions through LorenGroenendaal at gmail.com or
LorenTeachesMovement at gmail.com.

Happy dancing,
Loren

*Loren Groenendaal*
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Freelance Teaching Artist as Loren Teaches Movement
<https://www.lorenteachesmovement.com/>
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>
Founding Member, Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
<http://www.impermanentsociety.com/>
Founding Member, Board Member, Artist in Residence of Mascher Space
Cooperative <http://mascherdance.com/>

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured
Atlas
<https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=8174#about_project> to
support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.