[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] H-O-T Series of Philadelphia at VOX Sat 2/9/19

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 11:36:52 EST 2019

Dear Philadelphia Dance Community,

You are invited to this Saturday's H-O-T Series of Philadelphia, an
improvised performance of dance, music, poetry and performance art.

H-O-T SERIES OF PHILADELPHIA
Hosted by The Impermanent Society of Philadelphia (ISOP)
Saturday, February, 9, 2019
Doors open at 7:30, Performance starts at 8:00pm, ends between 9:30 and 10pm
Vox Populi
319 N 11th St, 3rd floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Sliding Scale $5-$20 suggested donations, no one turned away
https://www.facebook.com/events/398426454249916/

The H-O-T Series of Philadelphia produced by the Impermanent Society of
Philadelphia is a mostly monthly performance event originated by dance
artist Loren Groenendaal and experimental percussionist Flandrew
Fleisenberg that features improvisational dance and music from local and
touring artists. This month is curated by ISOP members Eun Jung Choi, Curt
Haworth, Rob Kopki, Jim Strong. The series highlights the playful
interaction between movement and sound artists as live composition. This
month includes other performance media as well.

ARTISTS this MONTH:

DANCERS/MOVERS:
Elise Knudson, New York City, NY
Chingl Chang, New York, NY
Guillermo Ortega, Philadelphia, PA
Lane Speidel, Philadelphia, PA

POET:
Maggie-Malachi Lily, Philadelphia, PA

MUSICIANS:
Pony Payroll Bones, Baltimore, MD
Jenny Moon Tucker, Baltimore, MD
Tagine Dream, Philadelphia, PA
Emily Milano, Philadelphia, PA

ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Please note that the main passenger elevator at the 319 N. 11th building is
currently being replaced and that we lack main entryway elevator services
to our venue on the third floor. While under usual circumstances we can
provide a mobile-ramp for wheelchair entry into the building, our ramp does
not accommodate the back stairwell leading to the freight elevator.
Individuals in wheelchairs or needing elevator service should contact Vox
Populi ahead of their arrival to discuss potential alternatives:
215-238-1236 / events at voxpopuligallery.org

Best,
Loren and the rest of ISOP

*Loren Groenendaal*
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Freelance Teaching Artist as Loren Teaches Movement
<https://www.lorenteachesmovement.com/>
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>
Founding Member, Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
<http://www.impermanentsociety.com/>
Founding Member, Board Member, Artist in Residence of Mascher Space
Cooperative <http://mascherdance.com/>

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured
Atlas
<https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=8174#about_project> to
support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.