[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Coming up in early Feb: guided moving, imaging, and journeying with Janna Meiring

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:36:23 EST 2019

Force of Nature with EMBODIED ARCHIVE | Janna Meiring returns February 9th
2pm-5pm.
Your body may have stories to tell...

February 9 2-5pm - Late Winter: Thawing out and Rising Up
The end of winter is never abrupt. It happens under our noses, with tiny
sprouts rising imperceivably under the layers of soil and cold, hard
earth.  The natural world knows that the best conditions for growth is the
liminal space between cold and the slightest shift towards warmth.
In this workshop we explore slow motion and variations of acceleration.  We
engage our sensory input through extreme slowness and seek the internal
impulse towards movement. In this way, we work with the lively tension
between the slowest and the most accelerated, charting the territory
between ambition and sustenance, of which we need all variations in order
to sustain our health and wellbeing for the long-haul of work that is
needed for change.

*One final session: 2/9 2-5pm*
drop in: advance $30/door $40

register @