[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Group Motion: Monday Night Improvisational Dance Lab

kristin narcowich knarcowich at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 14:53:29 EST 2019

GROUP MOTION presents:  MONDAY NIGHT IMPROVISATIONAL DANCE LAB

Dancers with previous improvisational experience are invited to join us for our Monday Night Improv Lab in Philadelphia!  We meet weekly to explore dance and music through improvisational structures and performance concepts.  We will work towards the creation of a public performance project.

Live improvised music by guitarist Tim Motzer.
Led by Group Motion Co-Artistic Director, Manfred Fischbeck.

DETAILS

WHEN: Monday night from 7:30-9:30 PM

WHERE: CEC Meeting House Theatre
3500 Lancaster Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19104(1 block North of Market Street)
COST:  $10 Cash or check at the door

Manfred Fischbeck

Manfred Fischbeck is the co-artistic and executive director of Group Motion Multimedia Dance Theater. Originally from Berlin, Germany, he studied literature and theater at the Freie Universitaet and was professionally engaged as an actor in theater and film before he moved to dance and joined the Modern Dance Company Gruppe Motion Berlin in 1967. In 1968, he relocated with Brigitta Herrmann and Hellmut Gottschild, co-founders and co-directors of Group Motion, to Philadelphia. Since then, for more than 49 years, Manfred has been a vital force in the Philadelphia arts community and beyond, choreographing, composing, performing, teaching and touring with Group Motion locally, nationally and internationally. Together with co-founder and co-director Brigitta Herrmann, he created and conducts the improvisational Group Motion Workshop, held every Friday night at the Community Education Center, Philadelphia and in week-long retreats at various centers throughout the U.S. and abroad.  Manfred is an adjunct associate professor in the School of Dance at UArts where he has served on faculty since 1985.

--

 *****For more info please call Manfred at 267 728  0191*******

Group Motion Multi Media Dance Theater

3500 Lancaster Avenue