[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] World Dance Day 2018 in Philadelphia seeks volunteers

K Cordova 954dmc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 08:29:37 EDT 2018

We are inviting all members of the dance community to participate in World
Dance Day 2018.

Join us! We’re making the event a one-stop shop for the general public to
learn all about dance in Philadelphia.

Bring your own table/chair and come set up an informational/marketing booth
for your dance company, dance studio, dance school, etc. Or you can
drop-off flyers/postcards promoting your organization, school, studio,
dance/movement-related
practice at the 954DMC or at the festival.

World Dance Day attracts a diverse range of audience members from young
children to artists to working professionals.

This is a great opportunity for your dance organization to reach new
audiences in the Philadelphia market!

World Dance Day was established in 1982 by the International Dance Council
- CID of UNESCO to bring attention to the art of dance every year on the
29th of April. We now celebrate World Dance Day in Philadelphia on the
Sunday closest to April 29th each year.

VOLUNTEER

We need your help on Sunday, April 29th for a two-hour or more block of
time between 11AM and 4PM to support the 8th annual World Dance Day in
Philadelphia community dance event!

We are looking for volunteers like you -- people who dance, teach dance,
who love dance and want more people in the world to care about and support
dance -- to help coordinate teaching artists and performing artists, assist
patrons attending the festival, distribute marketing materials and provide
assistance with classes, performers, patrons, and organizations and more.

Word Dance Day will start with a performance hour from NOON TO 1PM /
TEACH-IN from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM / and our closing performance hour from
2PM-3PM.

WHEN AND WHERE

Sunday, April 29th at Liberty Lands Park in Northern Liberties ((located at
North Third Street and Bodine Street, below Wildey Street))

World Dance Day happens NOON-3pm

Come join us for a fun day that will introduce Philadelphia dance to new
audiences and bring Philadelphia's dance communities together - plus we'll
feed you! Please let us know your special skills!

For more information please email 954dmc at gmail.com, call 215.627.1157