[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Activist, Artist, People of Color Wanted- June 2018

joy mariama smith joytoy13 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:32:13 EDT 2018

Dear Community!

Registration is now open for  the first ever Freedom to Move: Caucus and COLOR BLOCK at Ponderosa Movement & Discovery. The caucus is a new format that is cost effective and focuses on equity. We want to provide a space that supports artist and activist coming together! Color Block, puts focus on healing and strengthening PoC artist. More information in the descriptions below. Register Now!

Freedom to Move is a five-day caucus comprising talks, happenings, performances, screenings, experiments, workshops, and food, hosted by Ponderosa and curated by Joy Mariama Smith, with guest mediators Jen Polins and Kathleen Hermesdorf.

It presents opportunities to engage with this theme, and how it relates to various disciplines such as improvisation, porn, ritual, storytelling, intersectional feminism, self-defense, and beyond.
https://www.ponderosa-dance.de/our-full-program.html#freedom-to-move-caucus

<https://www.ponderosa-dance.de/color-block.html>

 Color Block A space held by and created for people of color to work/play/experiment around performance, improvisation and activism. We aim to collectively and collaboratively focus on perseverance, resistance, freedom and healing. Application needed, for more information and to get an application email colorblock00 at gmail.com

https://www.ponderosa-dance.de/color-block.html