[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Calling all choreographers!!! Less than 3 days left to apply...Deadline Feb. 26th!

Diane Sharp corpdancer at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 17:27:31 EST 2018

SHARP Dance Company wants to help Build community!
If you are a choreographer or dance company we would love for you to come share the stage with us in Act ONE/Act TWO at the Performance Garage this Spring. We would like to give your work an opportunity to be seen by our audience and cultivate a more cohesive community in the Philadelphia dance world.
SHARP is looking for two different choreographers/companies to be a part of the April 27 & 28, 2018 performance at The Performance Garage. Each company will either open act one or act two of the night.
What we will supply:
-Free performance of one piece/section of work up to 10 minutes to be performed 3 times the weekend of April 27th:
Friday April 27, 2018 at 8:00PM, Saturday April 28, 2018 at 5PM and at 8PM.
-Free tech time for the performance the week of the performance.
-Free lighting design for your piece.
-Free photos of your performance.
-The ability for your work to be seen on stage and space for your promotional materials to be displayed.
-Free advertising in mailing, programs and posters.
What we need from you:
-Fill out the application form on our website: http://www.sharpdance.org/…/Application_for_ActONE_ActTWO.h…
-Submit a link to 1 or 2 completed pieces (we will only be choosing one) you would like to present (each piece must be 10 minutes or less). Rehearsal videos are fine.
-Pay the $10 application fee.
-Sell a minimum of 10 tickets total for the run of the weekend.
-Be available to dance for all three performances.
-Sign a contract if your piece is chosen.
The small print AKA rules:
-This is for professional quality applicants only, so no children shows or recreational dance, however, all styles of dance are accepted.
-You must be available for all three performances and be prompt and professional.
-You must sell a minimum of 10 tickets or make a payment to the company for what the tickets would be worth.
-You must supply your own dancers for the performance, this is not an opportunity to set work on SHARP Dance Company members.
-The work you present on the video must be the work you present on stage.
-You must sign a contract binding these rules to SHARP Dance Company.
-You must allow SHARP to promote this event using photos or the company/choreographers name.
Thank you again for your interest in helping to build the dance