[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Onion Dances Showing Tomorrow Night 9/9 at Calvary Community

Talia Mason tmasondance at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 07:47:30 EDT 2017

*Onion Dances @ Calvert Center for Community/Culture Black Box, 9/9*
801 S. 48th St.
PWYC, Suggested Donation $5, no one turned away, tickets @ door.

Come and see a working draft of *Onion Dances *this Saturday (9/9) at 6:30
at the Calvert Center's Black Box.  It'll be a chance for me to get
feedback from the larger dance community.

Here's a little more about the show:

*Onion Dances *is an evening-length autobiographical solo. The Rees family
came to the U.S. around the time of the Civil War, and helped to found the
largest Reform synagogue in Minneapolis in 1878. I'm conducting an oral
history project as an ongoing component of the piece, because we have
little-to-no documentation of our experiences, as Jewish Americans. They
were interesting humanitarians, early feminists (before feminism was a
named concept), peace activists, social workers, poets, postal workers, and
more. This piece is political and deeply personal and anchored in my
family's past as well as my present as a millennial currently existing
under a Trump White House.

*Onion Dances at Fringe*
*Onion Dances @ CEC, 9/22-9/24*
Community Education Center, 3500 Lancaster Ave.
Sept 22 @ 7PM, opening night reception following show
Sept 23 @ 4PM & 7PM
Sept 24 @ 4PM & 7PM, talk back after final show
$15. Tickets available @ door and online: http://www.fringearts.com/onion-
dances

*Still can't make those dates or times? Email Talia for other opportunities
to see the work at tmasondance at gmail.com <tmasondance at gmail.com> *

[image: Inline image 1]
tmasondance at gmail.com
http://taliamason.com