[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Modern Dance for Adults and Modern/Composition for kids grades 3-5 starts tomorrow

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 20:19:19 EDT 2017

Hello Philadelphia dancers and parents of kids in grades 3-5,

My Adult Modern class resumes tomorrow and I am launching a new and unique
class for kids. See details below:

MAKING MOVES for GRADES 3-5
<http://www.ucartsleague.org/classes/listings/?id=319>
TUESDAYS 5:30-6:30 PM
University City Arts League <http://www.ucartsleague.org/>, 4226 Spruce St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104, 3rd floor rear dance studio*This class provides
training in beginning and intermediate level modern dance technique while
also offering students opportunities to create their own movements and
dances through improvisational and choreographic structures. *This class is
open to all genders. Dance wear or shoes are not required, just mobile
clothing. Flexible pants that cover knees and shirts that cover shoulders
are ideal.Fall Session I= September 5th- October 24th, 2017 (8 weeks)
Fall Session 2= October 31st- December 19th, 2017 (8 weeks)
Registration:
https://campscui.active.com/orgs/UniversityCityArtsLeague#/selectSessions/2080704/filter/session=31097204
$110.00 members - $124.00 non-members for session
Email LorenTeachesMovement at gmail.com  <LorenTeachesMovement at gmail.com>about
the possibility of drop-in or joining late.
MODERN DANCE for ADULTS
<http://www.ucartsleague.org/classes/listings/?id=286>
TUESDAYS 6:30-8:00 PM
University City Arts League <http://www.ucartsleague.org/>, 4226 Spruce St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104, 3rd floor rear dance studio
Build strength, coordination, flexibility, and balance organically through
dance! This unique dance class draws from Modern Dance, Bartenieff
Fundamentals, and Developmental Movement for fun and accessible dance
movements.  You will gain a better understanding of your body, learn to
harness *your strength, and move more ease-fully, while building muscular
and cardio strength and endurance.  *This class includes working on the
floor, and it is recommended to wear clothes that cover shoulders and knees
for comfort while moving.

$132.00 members - $144.00 non-members for a session
Fall Session I= September 5th- October 24th, 2017 (8 weeks)
Fall Session 2= October 31st- December 19th, 2017 (8 weeks)
Register:
https://campscui.active.com/orgs/UniversityCityArtsLeague#/selectSessions/2080704/filter/session=31097904
Email LorenTeachesMovement at gmail.com  <LorenTeachesMovement at gmail.com>about
the possibility of drop-in or joining late.

Happy dancing,
Loren

*Loren Groenendaal*
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Freelance Teaching Artist as Loren Teaches Movement
<https://www.lorenteachesmovement.com/>
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>
Founding Member, Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
<http://www.impermanentsociety.com/>
Founding Member, Board Member, Artist in Residence of Mascher Space
Cooperative <http://mascherdance.com/>

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured
Atlas
<https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=8174#about_project> to
support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.