[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Ensemble Contact, Sunday June 18th, 1-3pm

Nicole Bindler nicolebindler at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 13:30:00 EDT 2017

*Ensemble Contact with Nicole Bindler*
In this class we will practice Contact Improvisation in the context of the
whole group. We will explore various tools for partnering with more than
one person at a time, moving in and out of contact, and cultivating
consciousness about our relationship to space and time.

*Location: *Headlong Studios, 1170 S. Broad St. (near Broad/Federal SEPTA
stop)
Sunday, June 18th, 1-3pm $10 drop-in

​
*Nicole Bindler* is a body-based performing artist whose work is inspired
by her training in new dance, dance-theatre, Contact Improvisation, Butoh,
Body-Mind Centering®, Yoga and Feldenkrais. Her choreography has been shown
throughout the United States, Canada, Argentina, and in Berlin,
Tokyo, Beirut, Bethlehem, Mexico City and Quito. Her work has been
supported by the Leeway Foundation, the Puffin Foundation, Foundation for
Contemporary Arts, Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, the Ellen Foreman
Memorial Award, Philadelphia Dance Projects, the Community Education
Center, FringeArts and the Pew Center for Arts and Heritage. Bindler holds
a BA in Dance and Poetry from Hampshire College, a degree in Muscular
Therapy from the Muscular Therapy Institute, and certificates in Embodied
Anatomy Yoga, Embodied Developmental Movement and Yoga, and Practitioner of
Body-Mind Centering from the School for Body-Mind Centering. She is
certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and
Bodywork, a registered Somatic Movement Therapist through the International
Somatic Movement Education and Therapy Association, and a member of the
Body-Mind Centering Association. She has taught Somatics and Improvisation
in the Dance and Theater departments at University of Pennsylvania, Temple
University, Drexel University and University of the Arts. Bindler is a
member of the Jewish Voice for Peace Artist Council, writes for
thINKingDANCE, and is the founder and director of The Institute for
Somatics and Social Justice: http://somaticsandsocialjustice.org/

--
*Bindler <http://www.nicolebindler.com/>*

The Institute for Somatics and Social Justice
<https://www.somaticsandsocialjustice.org/>
Donate to our scholarship fundraiser!
<https://www.generosity.com/education-fundraising/somatics-and-social-justice-scholarships--2/x/16414619>
Like us on Facebook!