[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Remnant: A Surviving Trace - Volunteers Needed

Kalila Kingsford Smith kalilakingsfordsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 11:26:34 EDT 2017

Kalila Kingsford Smith presents Remnant: A Surviving Trace as part Philadelphia’s SoLow Fest.

WHEN: Saturday, June 17th at 4:30pm and 7:00pm (the show will run between 40 and 50 minutes)
WHERE: Mascher Space Co-op, 155 Cecil B Moore, Philadelphia, PA 19122
Tickets: $5-$10 Sliding Scale, or Pay What You Wish
HOW: Tickets are only available in cash at the door, RSVP to the Facebook event.

ABOUT: This non-linear, family friendly, interactive dance solo performs a process of reordering and revisiting eighteen separate movement ‘ideas’. What survives this process reveals the essence of a moment, a memory, a surviving trace of what once existed. I spiral into this center searching for strength, determination, and resilience. Join me for this interactive dance event with original music by Alina John.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Two volunteers are needed help greet audience and provide general support for both shows - either for the full shift, from 3:30-8 or for half shifts 3:30-5:30 and 6-8. Volunteers will see the show for free. Please email me at kalilakingsfordsmith at gmail.com if you are interested in helping.