[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Apply to The Institute for Somatics and Social Justice

Nicole Bindler nicolebindler at gmail.com
Mon May 15 10:22:36 EDT 2017

Hello Philadelphia dance community,

I'm writing to announce the launch of The Institute for Somatics and Social
Justice <https://www.somaticsandsocialjustice.org/>, a container for
rigorous, joyful, embodied research with an anti-racist/anti-oppression
framework, oriented toward developing knowledge and discourse about the
intersections of political movements and the body.

We are planning a 500 hour Somatic Movement Education certification
training in the summers of 2018/19 at The Whole Shebang in South Philly
with a rock star group of 25 faculty members and guest teachers
<https://www.somaticsandsocialjustice.org/faculty>. You can apply here
<https://www.somaticsandsocialjustice.org/apply>. We are also raising money
for scholarships
<https://www.generosity.com/education-fundraising/somatics-and-social-justice-scholarships--2>
for people who have never sought professional training in Somatics due to
lack of opportunity or accessibility.

Please spread the word, like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/TheInstituteforSomaticsandSocialJustice/>, and
don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best and most,
-Nicole Bindler

--
*Bindler <http://www.nicolebindler.com/>*

The Institute for Somatics and Social Justice
<https://www.somaticsandsocialjustice.org/>
Donate to our scholarship fundraiser!
<https://www.generosity.com/education-fundraising/somatics-and-social-justice-scholarships--2/x/16414619>