[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Open call for instructors and performers for Philadelphia Dance Day July 29

Anne-Marie Mulgrew ammdco2000 at att.net
Sun Apr 23 13:42:48 EDT 2017

This is an open call to the Philadelphia Dance Community from Deborah
Hirsch, the president of Philly Dance Fitness and the organizer of the
nonprofit Philadelphia Dance Day <http://philadelphiadanceday.com/> . The
eighth annual Dance Day is coming up on Saturday, July 29 and I'm writing to
see if you'd like to support this amazing community event as a sponsor,
volunteer instructor or performer.

If interested please RSVP to:  Deborah Hirsch
<deborah at phillydancefitness.com <mailto:deborah at phillydancefitness.com> > by
April 25

Will You Dance With Us?

PDD is a local celebration of "National Dance Day," which was started in
2010 by the creators of "So You Think You Can Dance," a reality TV show on
FOX. Last July, about 500 people joined us for free workshops around the
city and a great night of lessons, social dancing and performances. Click
<https://philadelphiadanceday.com/the-7th-annual-thank-you-note/> here to
read more about what we did and watch video clips. All of this would not
have been possible without the dozens of organizations and independent
instructors who volunteered their time to teach workshops, perform and help
spread the word. I'm starting to put together the schedule for this summer's
event and would love to have your participation. We are looking for:

.  Instructors to give a free 30-60 minute class of their choosing on
Saturday, July 29. Most classes should be geared toward those with limited
dance experience, but more advanced options are fine, too.

.  Performers to dance in our evening showcase

What You Get

Publicity and exposure to potential students in addition to the satisfaction
of doing an amazing thing for the community. Your studio/company will be
featured on the Dance Day website and fliers. Last year, more than 3,200
unique visitors perused philadelphiadanceday.com
<http://philadelphiadanceday.com/>  in July alone; hundreds more visited in
the prior months.

RSVP

Please let me know no later than April 25 (and the sooner the better!) if
you want in by replying to these questions:
If you are interested in offering a free class on Sat. July 29, 2017:

 1) What kind of class or classes will you offer? Specify the title and
level (beginner, intermediate, advanced or all levels).

 2) What is the name of the instructor(s) who will teach it?

 3) Do you have a time slot preference between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.? Are there
any time slots in that period that you cannot do?

 4) Can your class be taught without mirrors? Do you need any other
equipment besides a sound system?

If you are interested in performing during the evening showcase at the
social dance, which will be held at approx. 9:30 p.m. at the Ethical Society
Building at 1901 Rittenhouse Square:

 1) What kind of piece will you perform?

2) What are the names of the performers?

3) Do you have any stage requirements?