[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] SUNDAY! 10am-1pm workshop with Susan Rethorst in Fishtown

Gabrielle Revlock redhorsephilly at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 19:44:05 EDT 2017

SUNDAY DROP-IN CHOREOGRAPHIC WORKSHOP
March 19,  10am-1pm
A fun and adventurous workshop series examining choreographic structures.
Led by Susan Rethorst.
REDHORSE STUDIO, 1550 East Montgomery Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19125
$30 (pay in cash/check at the door)
RSVP to redhorsephilly at gmail.com

BUILD-YOUR-OWN-RESIDENCY
Dates: You Decide! Location: REDHORSE STUDIO, 1550 East Montgomery Ave.,
Philadelphia, PA 19125 * Fee: TBD, depending on scope of the residency. How
it works: We meet and discuss your current questions, and what kind of work
might be useful for you. We settle on a schedule that could be anything
from a weekend to a month or several meetings of a few days each. My
involvement can range from full time to dropping in on your studio time as
needed. I can do a combination of teaching, mentoring, my particular
approach to feedback, dance wrecking© and whatever else arises from the
situation. For example, upcoming residencies are addressing: teaching
issues and approaches, work with language and dance, writing and
articulation for various uses including grant writing. The residencies will
be particular to the individual but generally regarding questions about
making.

<http://bearnstow.org/rethorst.htm>SUSAN RETHORST is a choreographer,
educator, and author. Her work has
been presented by The Museum of Modern Art, The Kitchen, Dance Theater
Workshop, Danspace Project, The Downtown Whitney Museum, as well as at
various dance theaters, universities, and festivals throughout the U.S.
Internationally her work has been produced by The Holland Festival, Spazio
Zero Rome, The Kunsthalle Basel, The Aix-en- Provence Festival, among
others. She has ongoing teaching relationships with Dansens Hus in
Copenhagen, at Dartington College in England, and at Firkin Crane in Cork,
Ireland. She is, in 1999, the recipient of a fellowship from the John Simon
Guggenheim Memorial Foundation; in 2011 an Alpert Award; in 2014 a Pew
Fellowship in the Arts; and in 2015, a Doris Duke Award. Her book, A
Choreographic Mind was named one of the Best Books of 2012 by
The New Yorker.  It is available for purchase online from Contact Quarterly.

--
REDHORSE STUDIO <http://susanrethorst.com/redhorse-studio>, Philadelphia, PA

March 19, 2017 - Sunday Drop-In Choreographic Workshop
<http://susanrethorst.com/class-workshops>
June 9-11, 2017 - A Choreographic Mind Workshop
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfFpDWOICJ49BtKDJHfcM2P4U-_zmrqzVxpPCti2mSV4rJGWw/viewform>
July 31-August 5, 2017 - Wreck*©* Fest <http://susanrethorst.com/wrecking>

New offering! Build-Your-Own-Residency
<http://susanrethorst.com/class-workshops>