[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] More Beautiful Ways To Fall with Nicole Binder THIS SATURDAY

The Whole Shebang art.at.shebang at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 15:19:35 EDT 2017

*THIS SATURDAY March 18 at 11amMore Beautiful Ways to Fall: Reflexes and
the Spatial Planes*
as part of Nicole Bindler's Embodied Anatomy Series at Shebang
in advance $15 artists/$18 general || at the door $18 artists/$20 general

more info and pre-register:
http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/embodied-anatomy-with-nicole-bindler

*About the series: *

The reflexes (over 300 of them!) are automatic responses to sensory
stimulation that arise and integrate throughout the early months and years
of our lives. They enable us to relate to gravity, space and others.
Embedded in the reflexes is important information about why we move as we
do, and opportunities to broaden our potential for different kinds of

Through practicing the reflexes, we remember the alphabet of our movement,
uncover potential causes for longstanding pain and learn more beautiful
ways to fall. In these classes we will learn a few of the reflex patterns
and practice them through hands-on exploration and dancing together.

*About Nicole:*

Nicole Bindler is a body-based performing artist whose work is inspired by
her training in new dance, dance-theater, Contact Improvisation, Butoh,
Body-Mind Centering®, Yoga and Feldenkrais. Her work has been shown
throughout the U.S., Canada, Argentina and in Berlin, Tokyo, Beirut,
Bethlehem, Mexico City, and Quito.

Bindler holds a B.A. in Dance and Poetry from Hampshire College, a degree
in Muscular Therapy from the Muscular Therapy Institute, and certificates
in Embodied Anatomy Yoga, Embodied Developmental Movement and Yoga, and
Somatic Movement Education from the School for Body-Mind Centering.

She has taught dance, somatics and contact improvisation throughout the
U.S., Argentina, and at Contact Festival Freiburg, Germany. Locally, She
has taught at University of Pennsylvania, University of the Arts, Temple
University, the Massage Arts Center in Philadelphia, and several Yoga
Alliance Certified Yoga teacher trainings.