[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] More Beautiful Ways to Fall: Reflexes and the Spatial Planes

Nicole Bindler nicolebindler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 23:11:23 EDT 2017

*More Beautiful Ways to Fall: **Reflexes and the Spatial Planes*

Monthly Saturdays, 11am-2pm
at The Whole Shebang
<http://www.thewholeshebangphilly.com/take-classes/embodied-anatomy-with-nicole-bindler>
any level, any discipline, any one
at the door $20 general/$18 artists || in advance $18 general/$15 artists

*March 18*
Reflexes and the Spatial Planes

*April 22*
Reflexes and Contact Improvisation

The reflexes (over 300 of them!) are automatic responses to sensory stimulation
that arise and integrate throughout the early months and years of our
lives. They enable us to relate to gravity, space and others. Embedded in
the reflexes is important information about why we move as we do, and
opportunities to broaden our potential for different kinds of responses to
situations, whether it's physics or human relationships.

Through practicing the reflexes, we remember the alphabet of our
movement, uncover
potential causes for longstanding pain and learn more beautiful ways to
fall. In these classes we will learn a few of the reflex patterns and
practice them through hands-on exploration and dancing together.

*Nicole Bindler* is a body-based performing artist whose work is inspired
by her training in new dance, dance-theater, Contact Improvisation,
Butoh, Body-Mind
Centering®, Yoga and Feldenkrais. Her work has been shown throughout the
U.S., Canada, Argentina and in Berlin, Tokyo, Beirut, Bethlehem, Mexico
City, and Quito.

Bindler holds a B.A. in Dance and Poetry from Hampshire College, a degree in
Muscular Therapy from the Muscular Therapy Institute, and certificates in
Embodied Anatomy Yoga, Embodied Developmental Movement and Yoga, and Somatic
Movement Education from the School for Body-Mind Centering.

She has taught dance, somatics and contact improvisation throughout the U.S.,
Argentina, and at Contact Festival Freiburg, Germany. Locally, She has
taught at University of Pennsylvania, University of the Arts, Temple
University,
the Massage Arts Center in Philadelphia, and several Yoga Alliance
Certified Yoga teacher trainings.