[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Audition Tues 3/7 for dancers for improvisation and choreography

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 23:50:14 EST 2017

Hello Philadelphia area dancers,

I am excited to announce that I will be putting on an evening of my
artistic work as Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/> with New York
City-based composer/pianist Melinda Faylor
<https://melindafaylor.com/about/> in Philadelphia at the Performance
Garage on Sunday, April 23 and performances in Portland, Maine later that
week and other northern locales TBA.

We are looking for dancers who can both engage with precise technical
contemporary modern dance choreography as well as be creatively generative
and collaborative in structured improvisations.

AUDITION:
Tuesday, March 7 7-9:30pm
At Mascher Space Cooperative
155 Cecil B. Moore Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19122
(space will open at 6:30 for warm-up)

FIRST REHEARSAL/CALL BACKS:
FRIDAY, MARCH 10 3:30-5:30pm
At Mascher Space Cooperative
155 Cecil B. Moore Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19122
(space will open at 3 for warm-up)

TO APPLY:
1. *Please email RSVP* of interest with resume attached as PDF to
LorenGroenendaal at gmail.com

2. *Fill out this google form *with your availability for rehearsals and
performances. You can do this either before or after the audition, but I
need it by 9am on Wednesday, March 8th.
https://goo.gl/forms/KDmMS4Uf1YULFaeo1

3. *Come to the audition* on Tuesday 3/7 7-9:30pm
If you cannot make that audition time, but have good availability for the
other rehearsals and performances, fill out the google form and be in touch
with me over email and I will let you know if I think it makes sense for
you to come on March 10.

REHEARSALS:
Rehearsal will happen 1 to 3 times a week, depending on the week
The schedule is still very much in flux and will be based on dancer
availability, but we will definitely have some rehearsals and work in
progress showings on some Fridays after 3pm and Saturdays before 10 pm on
the following weekends when Melinda is in town:

Mar 10-11
March 30- 31
April 7-8
April 21-22

In addition to the rehearsals when Melinda is in town, I will host other
rehearsals at other times just for the dances.
Potential times include:
Mondays 9-11:30am
Mondays after 5pm
Tuesdays after 6pm
Wednesdays 9-11:30am

PERFORMANCES:
DEFINITE: Sunday, April 23 Philadelphia, probably 7pm show, 3pm call
TBA: Friday, April 21- Sunday, April 30.

PAYMENT:
Stipends will be provided. The tour schedule and fundraising are in
process.  I will provide more detail at the audition.

If you have any questions, please email LorenGroenendaal at gmail.com

Thank you,
Loren

*Loren Groenendaal*
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>
Founding Member/Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
<http://www.impermanentsociety.com/>
Founding Member/Artist in Residence of Mascher Space Cooperative
<http://mascherdance.com/>

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured
Atlas
<https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=8174#about_project> to
support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.