[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Special Comp Ticket Offer for David Neumann's I Understand Everything Better

PhiladelphiaDANCE.org philadelphiadance at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 14:30:59 EST 2017

*From Lisa Kraus | lisakraus at verizon.net <lisakraus at verizon.net>*

We are presenting David Neumann / Advanced Beginner Group in "I Understand
Everything Better" at Bryn Mawr this Thursday through Saturday. It's
arguably the strongest work this unique dance-theater artist has yet made.
The New York Dance and Performance Awards agreed, giving it a "Bessie" for
Outstanding Production and also for Sound Design. To learn more, read Joan
Acocella's eloquent account in thein the New Yorker
<http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/04/13/dance-a-perfect-storm-joan-acocella>
.

So that more people have the opportunity to see "I Understand Everything
Better,"*we are extending an offer of comp tickets.* Directions to Bryn
Mawr are here <https://www.brynmawr.edu/campus/visit> and the show details
are below. Please request a ticket or tickets by sending an email to
reservations at brynmawr.edu, and pick up your ticket(s) in the lobby before
the show.

Please feel free to share this with others who may be interested. It would
be wonderful if you and/or some of your friends/colleagues can take
advantage of this special offer!
*David Neumann / Advanced Beginner Group
<http://bmcpas.blogs.brynmawr.edu/2017/01/27/paspresentsadvancedbeginnergroupfeb23-25/>***
*I Understand Everything Better*
THURS-SAT • FEB 23-25 • 8PM
Hepburn Teaching Theater, Goodhart Hall

Bessie-Award winning choreographer/performer David Neumann explores our
impulse to report on calamity. A multidisciplinary dance-based performance,*I
Understand Everything Better *is a deeply moving work that intersperses
elements of Noh theater, video, music and text and blurs the lines between
truth and fiction. Topics merge—the private and public, internal and
external, the known and unknown—resulting in a mysteriously beautiful mix
of indelible images that dance upon the contradictions of human life.

Comp tickets are at the box office before the show, please mention being a
"friend of BMC."
*Additional Events with David Neumann / Advanced Beginner Group*

*Visual Culture Colloquium
<http://visualculture.blogs.brynmawr.edu/2017/01/09/february-22-2017-david-neumann/>
with
David Neumann, Founder and Artistic Director, Advanced Beginner Group*

*Plays and Performance: Multi-disciplinary Approaches to Theatre Making
<http://visualculture.blogs.brynmawr.edu/2017/01/09/february-22-2017-david-neumann/>WED
• FEB 22 • 12:30 - 1:30 PMThomas Library 224*Free and open to the public.

*Performance Workshop with David Neumann / Advanced Beginner Group*
*SAT • FEB 25 • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM*
*McPherson Auditorium, Goodhart Hall*
Free with limited enrollment, please click here
<https://brynmawr.wufoo.com/forms/david-neumann-advanced-beginner-group-workshop/>
reserve a space.

A free workshop for student and professional theater makers and dancers
engaging practices central to the creation of Neumann's own hybrid
performance pieces. Participants will work together to create short pieces
as a way to investigate multi-disciplinary work. No one needs expertise in
any of the forms mentioned, just healthy doses of curiosity and courage.

*Roundtable with David Neumann / Advanced Beginner Group*
*SUN • FEB 26 • 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM *
*Dorothy Vernon Room, New Dorm*
Attendance is free with limited seating, please click here
<https://brynmawr.wufoo.com/forms/rountable-w-david-neumannadvanced-beginner-group/>
reserve your space.
Brunch will be available, free for Tri-Co community with a meal plan, $11
for all others, cash only.
This open roundtable will engage David Neumann / Advanced Beginner Group
and participants in questions related to contemporary arts practice.