[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Sunday choreographic workshop with Susan Rethorst, 2/26 10am-1pm

Gabrielle Revlock redhorsephilly at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:52:50 EST 2017

Sunday Choreographic Workshops

DATES February 26, March 19
TIME: 10am-1pm
LOCATION: REDHORSE STUDIO, 1550 East Montgomery Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19125
FEE: $30/workshop or 2 for $55 (pay in cash/check at the door)
WHAT IS IT: A fun and adventurous workshop series examining choreographic
structures. Led by Susan Rethorst.
**RSVP to redhorsephilly at gmail.com**

SUSAN RETHORST is a choreographer, educator, and author. Her work has been
presented by The Museum of Modern Art, The Kitchen, Dance Theater Workshop,
Danspace Project, The Downtown Whitney Museum, as well as at various dance
theaters, universities, and festivals throughout the U.S. Internationally
her work has been produced by The Holland Festival, Spazio Zero Rome, The
Kunsthalle Basel, The Aix-en- Provence Festival, among others. She has
ongoing teaching relationships with Dansens Hus in Copenhagen, at
Dartington College in England, and at Firkin Crane in Cork, Ireland. She
is, in 1999, the recipient of a fellowship from the John Simon Guggenheim
Memorial Foundation; in 2011 an Alpert Award; in 2014 a Pew Fellowship in the
Arts; and in 2015, a Doris Duke Award. Her book, *A Choreographic Mind* was
named one of the Best Books of 2012 by The New Yorker.  It is available for
purchase online from Contact Quarterly.

Questions? Email redhorsephilly at gmail.com.

--
REDHORSE STUDIO <http://susanrethorst.com/redhorse-studio>, Philadelphia, PA

New offering! Build-Your-Own-Residency
<http://susanrethorst.com/class-workshops>
*How it works:* We meet and discuss your current questions, and what kind
of work might be useful for you. We settle on a schedule that could be
anything from a weekend to a month or several meetings of a few days each.
My involvement can range from full time to dropping in on your studio time
as needed. I can do a combination of teaching, mentoring, my particular
approach to feedback, dance wrecking© and whatever else arises from the
situation. For example, upcoming residencies are addressing: teaching
issues and approaches, work with language and dance, writing and
articulation for various uses including grant writing. The residencies will
be particular to the individual but generally regarding questions about
making.