[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Open Level Ballet Class with Dana Powers-Klooster

Dana Powers-Klooster danaalexispowers at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 11:08:21 EST 2017

*Open Level Ballet Class with Dana Powers-Klooster*

Thursdays: 7:00 pm-8:00 pm, February 23rd- March 30th

At The Creative Living Room- 101 Push Mill Road, Wallingford, PA 19086

$90 for 6 week session

Click to enroll:  https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/asp/main_enroll.asp

This open level ballet class will be a fun and non-judgmental space
intended to help students find joy through movement, relieve stress, and
become revitalized.  We will hone our ballet technique through exercises at
the barre, center work, and across the floor combinations.  With injury
prevention in mind, we will respect that no two people are the same,
striving to find clarity in the movement within our own unique bodies.  All
levels welcome.

Dana Powers-Klooster is a dancer, choreographer, and dance educator.  In
August of 2016 she moved to the Philadelphia area from Iowa City, Iowa.  Dana
received her MFA in Dance from the University of Iowa in 2014, where she
was honored to be the recipient of the Iowa Arts Fellowship, and her BA in
Dance and Spanish Area Studies from Kenyon College in 2006, cum laude.  She
worked as a freelance performer in New York City from 2007-2011, performing
works by Stephanie Liapis, Lindsey Dietz Marchant, Oliver Steele, Jennifer
Kain, Elizabeth Wilkinson, and Deb Silver.  As an Adjunct Assistant
Professor at the University of Iowa, Dana frequently served as a guest
teacher for the UI Department of Dance and was also on faculty for the UI
Youth Ballet and Community Dance School. Throughout her time in Iowa City
she was afforded many wonderful opportunities to perform and have her own
choreography presented.  Dana is very excited to be continuing this work in
the Philadelphia area!