[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Wilson College Invites Applicants to Summer Artists-in-Residency Program

Megan Mizanty mizanty101 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 14:04:49 EST 2017

Wilson College is thrilled to announce our fully-funded summer 2017
artist-in-residency program. Held June 15th-24th, 2017, the college invites
3-5 members of a dance company to unlimited access of our dance studio and
free housing. Please contact Visiting Assistant Professor of Dance, Megan
Mizanty, to request an application (megan.mizanty at wilson.edu). For
interested visual artists, please contact Professor Philip Lindsey at
philip.lindsey at wilson.edu.  See attached flyer for additional information.
  Applications are due April 1st.

*Studios*

-24-hour access in the spacious Appenzellar-Buchanan Dance Studio (sprung
floors, mirror and sound system).

-Additional studio space does exist on campus in the form of classroom
space. These rooms can be easily converted into studio space. Let us know
your needs, and we will do our best to accommodate you.

-Campus sits on over 200 acres of wooded forests and streams with late 19th
century architecture (available for any site-specific work).

*Housing*

-Artists are housed free-of-charge on campus.  Our dining hall offers meals
at an affordable rate (see website for details), and there are many dining
options off campus.

*Supplies*

-Artists are responsible for their own supplies. We have yoga mats and
projectors available upon request, as well as a large costume closet and
prop room.

*About Wilson College*

- Founded in 1869, Wilson College is a private, coeducational liberal arts
college offering bachelor’s degrees in 29 majors.  Since 2014, Wilson is
home to a low-residency MFA program in visual arts and choreography with an
internationally acclaimed faculty.

- Located in Chambersburg, PA., the college has a spring 2016 enrollment of
923, which includes students from 22 states and 16 countries.

-Cooley Gallery: All visual artists-in-residence are invited to hang work
in the gallery while in residence. Wilson will host a casual reception in
the gallery late in the week.

- Collection: visual artists are asked to donate a work of art created
during their residency to the Teaching Collection; finished pieces or
preparatory drawings/prints are acceptable.   Performance artists are asked
to hold an informal showing of their work, inviting the campus community.

www.wilson.edu/dance