[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] This Sunday, 7:30pm - Mr. Gaga conversation

Nicole Bindler nicolebindler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 07:57:44 EST 2017

Dear Philly dance,

I'm writing to remind you about the discussion this Sunday, January 29th,
7:30pm at Headlong Studios, 1170 South Broad Street. It's FREE!

Members of the Jewish Voice for Peace Artist Council and Jewish Voice for
Peace Philadelphia are hosting a lively conversation following the
screening of Mr. Gaga.

Participants are encouraged to read the essay, "A Dancing Body Offers
Legitimacy to the State" by Shir Hacham and Ido Feder, from the book,
"Social Choreography" edited by Bojana Cvejić and Ana Vujanović. Using this
essay as a jumping off point, we will discuss Gaga technique within the
context of Israeli's decades-long occupation of Palestine.

Please RSVP to receive a PDF of the essay in advance:
nicolebindler at gmail.com

Participants who are coming from the screening are welcome to walk over
right afterward. We'll be greeting folks at 7pm and starting the
conversation at 7:30pm.

This event is FREE, but you can donate to the venue here
<http://headlong.org/donate/>.

And you can donate to the organizer here
<https://org.salsalabs.com/o/301/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=11308>
.

Best and most,
-Nicole