[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Looking for choreographers to be a part of Act ONE/ Act TWO with SHARP Dance Company

Diane Sharp corpdancer at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 19:29:40 EST 2017

SHARP Dance Company’s Spring Seasons performance wants tohelp build community!

If you are a choreographer or dance company we would lovefor you to come share the stage with us in Act One/Act Two at the PerformanceGarage this Spring.  We would like to give your work an opportunity to beseen by our audience and cultivate a more cohesive community in thePhiladelphia dance world.

SHARP is looking for two different choreographers/companiesto be a part of the May 12-13, 2017 performance at The Performance Garage, eachcompany will either open act one or act two of the night.

What we will supply:

-Free performance of one piece/section of work, up to 10minutes to be performed 3 times during the weekend of May 12th:

Friday May 12, 2017 at 8:00PM, Saturday May 13, 2017 at 5PMand at 8PM.

-Free tech time for the performance the week of theperformance

-Free lighting design for your piece

-Free photos of your performance

-The ability for your work to be seen on stage and space foryour promotional material to be displayed

-Free advertising in mailing, programs and posters

What we need from you:

-Fill out the application form on our website www.sharpdance.org

-Submit a link to 1 or 2 pieces (we will only be choosingone) you would like to present (each piece must be 10 minutes or less). Rehearsal videos are fine.

-Pay $10 application fee

-Sell a minimum of 10 tickets total for the run of theweekend.

-Be available to perform for all three performances

-Sign a contract if your piece is chosen

The small print AKA rules:

-This is for professional quality applicants only so, nochildren shows or recreational dance, however, all styles of dance areaccepted.

-You must be available for all three performances and beprompt and professional.

-You must sell a minimum of 10 tickets or make a payment tothe company for what the tickets would be worth.

-The work you present on the video must be the work youpresent on stage.

-You must sign a contract binding these rules to SHARP DanceCompany.

-Youmust allow SHARP to promote this event using photos or thecompany/choreographers name.

Thanksso much!