[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] new Modern/Contemporary class Wednesday evenings in West Philly

Loren Groenendaal lorengroenendaal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 13:34:45 EST 2017

Hello Philadelphia dancers,

I'm offering a slightly new class and at a very new time that may interest
you:

*Modern Dance for Adults*
Wednesdays 6-7:30pm
Winter #1 Session is January 11- February 22 (Sea-Creature focus)
at University City Arts League (UCAL), 4226 Spruce St. Philadelphia, PA
19104
Registration and more information: http://www.ucartsleague.org/cl
asses/listings/?id=286
Or, call 215-382-7811

This Modern/Contemporary dance class draws on various concert dance
techniques, but primarily from Bartenieff Fundamentals (BF), and
Developmental Movement Patterns for fun and accessible dance movements. In
the first winter session, I am going to focus on moving like sea-creatures.
The images and coordinations from other life will inspire our movement. The
class will focus on movement fundamentals and thus is appropriate for
beginners as well as more advanced dancers who want to clarify their BF and
Developmental Movement Patterns, practice coordinations, build strength and
endurance, or animal expression. This class includes working on the floor,
so it is recommended to wear clothes that cover shoulders and knees for
comfort while moving.

The Instructor Loren Groenendaal
<http://www.vervetdance.org/more-about-loren-groenendaal.php>is a
professional dance artist and a Certified Movement Analyst (CMA) in Laban
Movement Analysis(LMA) and Bartenieff Fundamentals (BF). The
Laban/Bartenieff system will be foundational to this class supplemented by
her studies in Modern Dance, Safety Release technique, SpiralDynamik,
Pilates, contact improvisation, breakdancing, and tumbling. Loren also
holds an MFA in Dance from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
and a BA in Dance from Oberlin College. She presents dance through her own
company Vervet Dance and dances with Graffito Works, the Naked Stark, and
in other freelance projects.

Best,
Loren

*Loren Groenendaal*
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance <http://www.vervetdance.org/>
Founding Member/Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
<http://www.impermanentsociety.com/>
Founding Member/Artist in Residence of Mascher Space Cooperative
<http://mascherdance.com/>

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured
Atlas
<https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=8174#about_project> to
support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.