[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] See you at the Rocky Awards 1/22 at 7 PM

Anne Wilson anne.macg.wilson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 17:56:46 EST 2017

If the Rocky Awards 2017 aren't yet on your radar, please put 'em there.

This year we continue the tradition of passing Rocky Awards from last
year's winners to the folks they'd like to honor this year. But in addition
to that:

*It's the fifteenth anniversary.*

That's right. Somehow this scrappy, punk, mostly-DIY anti-award show award
show has survived that long. Which is pretty impressive! And we'd like to
pay attention to the people and companies that have also impressively
carved out a 15 years-or-longer dance career in Philadelphia. But *we need
your help to do it.*

If there's someone who's been dancing in Philly for 15 years or longer that
you would like to recognize as part of the Rocky Awards, please fill out
this nomination form (it takes 5 minutes, I promise):
https://goo.gl/forms/VSmeD7ACrcgcckCy2

Then come to the awards ceremony on January 22nd, 7 PM, at Fringearts.

It's FREE. There's DRINK SPECIALS. There's a MULTITUDE OF HOSTS, offering
insights, anecdotes, and introducing the next act. This is intended to
reflect THE MULTITUDINOUS, DECENTRALIZED FORM OF THE PHILLY DANCE SCENE. We
don't have two people running the dance scene, why would only two people
run the show?!?

Here's the link to the FB event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/239785436464176/?notif_
t=plan_user_associated&notif_id=1483655604315109

Here is the link to the Fringe event:
http://fringearts.com/event/the-rocky-awards/

We hope to see you there!
Cheers,
- the small scrappy group of folks who want to make sure the Rockies stay
alive-